The Tanpan brings the range and security of Shimano mountain rear derailleurs to Shimano-equipped drop-bar bicycles. This means a greater gearing range for bigger adventures, better chain security for rough terrain, and lighter weight and reduced complexity for the daily commute. In order to deliver these benefits, the Tanpan amplifies road shifter cable pull to allow for seamless communication with mountain derailleurs. The result is ideal for riders looking to convert their road, gravel, cyclocross, or commuter bike to the simplicity and light weight of a single chainring.
- Not Compatible with Tiagra 4700
- Compatible with most road, CX and gravel bikes
- Designed to mount directly to adjuster-free cable stops on Shimano rear derailleurs
- Certain chainring and cassette configurations benefit from a Goatlink
- If the rear derailleur cable is routed internally through the chainstay and exits at the end of the chainstay above the axle or past the axle out the very end, you will need to utilize the inline ferrule